Friday, November 4, 2011

My Favorite Age

My Favorite Age
So, here’s my first NEW blog post in a while- I can’t believe how fast time flies when you have a two year old.  I look back at older posts talking about Hayden’s tantrums and I almost laugh because that seems so long ago.  I remember the days when I was covered in baby vomit and smelled like a stale bottle of Merlot- The child was severely colic- and she cried.  And cried.  And cried.  And I wanted to sell her on Ebay.  Hell, I would have brought her into Pawn Stars if I thought they would take her.  It was the hardest first 18 months of my life. 
My mom is pretty much the best mom any person could ever have.  She raised me to be afraid of basically everything and normally threatened me with some kind of hell that I would be going to.  I sometimes think that the reason I am so outspoken and fearless is because I wanted to rebel against her.  Funny thing is- as I’ve grown older, I’ve realized that she has been and always be my inspiration. (Jesus, I could use that in a damn Hallmark greeting card- I no longer feel the need to get her a Christmas gift after that)-
Where was I going with this?  Oh yeah- At the darkest times with Hayden, she promised me that because she was such a terrible baby, that she’ll eventually be an amazing kid.  I’m pretty sure she made that up so I wouldn’t put her first grandchild up for adoption, but I held on to that hope.  Turns out she was right.  Hayden is now two and a half, and the child is the funniest kid in the universe.  And smart.  She can correctly use the word “crap” in several different situations.  Last week she told me to “stop leaving your crap all over the house”- then she grabbed a toy toilet and told me she was going “put her crap in there”- and my personal favorite, after spilling apple sauce all over her shirt she announced “there’s crap all over my shirt”.  I’ve never doubted that she is in fact, my kid. 
This morning she demanded her sippy cup- so I asked her what the magic word was- to which she responded… Abracadabra.  Of course that’s the magic word…. Of course.
So, there’s so much to talk about- Hayden’s first year at pre-school, the change to her “big girl” bed- so stay tuned and I promise to keep you updated on her antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment